Is our Earth in danger?
Does the climate change?
Does the atmosphere become warmer?
Do you think our planet needs protection?
Do the forests on the planet disappear fast?
Why do the forests on the planet disappear fast?
Are the forests very important for people?
Why are the forests very important for people?
Is our environment polluted?
Is it important to solve the environmental problem?
Is water pollution one of the main environmental problems?
Is the greenhouse effect one of the ecological problems?
5. Основной ход урока
1) Today you will listen to the story about the club where women were interested in
ecological problems too.
Look at the blackboard and read the title, please
Why Don`t We Stop Him?
The question is not clear, is it? Can you suggest what the story is about?
- The story is about ecological problem that we cannot stop….
- The story is about the pollution that we cannot stop…
Well, you will listen to the story that happened in a women’s club. Before listening to the story I
want you to learn and remember the difficult words you can meet in the story. Open your books,
page 65 ex 33
An ambulance –машина скорой помощи
Negative – отрицательный
A traffic jam - пробка, затор на дороге
(Читают за учителем, один ученик читает все слова)
2) a)Первое прослушивание
Now listen to the story and say why the young member of the women’s club wanted to stop
the car producer
Why did the young member of the women’s club want to stop the car producer?
Ученики слушают текст и отвечают на вопрос
a) Let`s listen to the story again. Then you will do a test. You should be more careful this
time. Look through task. (Второе прослушивание)
True or False
1. Every Friday the women invited someone to their club and talked about important things.
2. One day, gentlemen came and talked to the club about different problems of the city.
3. He said that more than half of the people in the city were hungry.
4. The gentleman spoke about positive and negative effects of cars and buses.
5. People suffer from buses and cars because they are faster than trains and boats.
6. Most of us prefer to walk or to ride a bicycle.
7. The gentlemen said that there were more and more cars produced each year.
8. A young woman knew how to solve the problem.
Keys true -1,4,7 false – 2,3,5,6,8
3) Now give your test to your partner, look at the blackboard and check your tests.
Your next task is to put the sentences of ex. 34 in the order they are given and to make
outline of the story. Work in pairs and tell the story to each other.
1. Usual Friday meeting s at the Women’s Club
2. Main ecological problems in the gentleman`s talk
3. Positive aspects of cars.
4. Negative aspects of cars.