3. T: I see that you like to travel very much. Now try to remember your last trip:
what place you visited, when it was, what people you met…
Work in pairs: ask your partner about his/ her last trip. (P1-P2)
T: Good for you! At home you worked with your individual projects “My last
trip”, drew the scheme of your traveling, places you visited, etc.
Work in small groups: discuss your projects with your classmates and choose
the most interesting one for the presentation in the class.( P1-P2-P3-P4)
( P1, P3..)
T: Thank you very much for your interesting stories, I see that you are full of
impressions and I’m sure you spent a wonderful time.
4. T: I’d like to invite you to visit an ancient city with rich and interesting history.
Listen to the text and guess what city it is.
You are right this is London. We’ve learnt a lot about it, let’s see how well
you remember the following facts.
Card 1: Complete the sentences:
-The old name of London was…
- London stands on the river …
- London is divided into several parts…
- The population of London is about…
- The Great Fire of London was in…
- William the Conqueror came to England in…
Card 2: Describe the following pictures.( The most famous places of London)
Card 3: Make up a short dialogue on the situation “I’ve just returned from
Class: we have a guest from London , please ask Billy questions about London.
5. T: According to the plan make up a short story about your visit to London.
1. I traveled to London last …
2. I went there by …, it took me about …. to get there.
3. London is..(2-3 sentences of general information).
4. London is divided into several parts…( describe them).
5. There are many interesting places in London such as..,..,..
6. Most of all I liked …. because…
7. I enjoyed my visit to London very much, because…
6. T: Thank you very much for your work. Your home task is –to write a letter to
your friend about your visit to London.