Конспект урока "Let's talk about postcrossing"
Let’s talk about Postcrossing.com
Before we start:
Can you explain the word “postcrossing”?
Have you ever come across postcrossing or have you ever exchanged letters
from people all around the world?
You’ll see a short video of a girl talking about her postcrossing experience. After watching
it, what can you say:
About her favorite postcrossing service?
About the way people exchange the letters on postcrossing.com?
About her postcards?
Watch the video one more time and mark these sentences as true or false:
1) Postcrossing.com is a social network.
2) On postcrossing.com you can reсieve postcards
from a limited number of countries.
3) The girl shows her favorite postcards received
4) One of her postcards is connected with
5) She got some postcards with the images of the
6) She adores A. Mucha
and his commercials
Tick the countries which are mentioned in the text:
Аphonse Mucha, was a Czech Art Nouveau painter and decorative artist,
known best for his distinct style. He
produced many paintings, illustrations, advertisements, postcards, and designs
1) Match the words and their definitions:
A. A postcrossing
1. a quality that causes someone or something to be very
likeable : an attractive quality
B. A dot
2. a person who is skilled at drawing, painting, etc.
C. A postcard
3. project that allows its members to send and receive
real postcards from all over the world
D. A community
E. A wish list
5. a group of people having some particular characteristics
F. To look for
6. expect or hope for
G. A charm
7. a commercially sponsored ad on radio or television
H. An artist
8. a person you come to know by frequent friendly
I. A commercial
9. give moral or psychological support, aid, or courage to
J. To make sure
10. a very small circular shape
11. make a point, make certain
L. A pen pal
12. a list of desired but often realistically unobtainable items
M. To support
13. A card for sending messages by post without an
2) Fill in the gaps with the appropriate words from above . There are three extra words:
The goal of this project is to allow people to receive ____________ from all over the world,
for free. The main idea of this ___________ is that: if you send a postcard, you will receive
one back from a random postcrosser from somewhere in the world. But ____________ that
you give a right address.
There are lots of people who ____________ real mail and make a ___________ of the
The element of surprise of receiving postcards from different places in the world (many of
which you probably have never heard of) can turn your mailbox into a box of surprises - and
who wouldn't _________ like that? We connect random people all around the world through
postcards and turn them into ____________!
3) Translate. Underline the new vocabulary you use
Друг по переписке вряд ли сможет дать хороший совет.
Члены семьи обычно поддерживают друг друга в сложных ситуациях.
Составь список предметов, которые ты хотел бы получить на день
Улицы старой Самары имеют особую привлекательность для меня.
Многие художники получали огромную популярность только после
Не обязательно искать этот учебник в библиотеке, он есть в Интернете.
На телевидении сейчас действительно слишком много рекламы.