The topic of the lesson: “Aspects of London: we know all about it-or
Objectives: To expand the students knowledge of London’s historic and mordern
sites, to develop pupils’ interest in life of people abroad, to develop
comprehension, speaking and reading skills.
Equipment: video film about London, paper, felt tip pens.
Today we are going to visit some places in London which are internationally
known but the problem is that we don’t have a guide. Here you can see our
Wanted: Tour Guide. Enthusiastic young person requred to show tourists
around London. Applicans must speak fluent English. Knowledge of local area a
Take an active part in our lesson and you will get a medal of a best guide.
The first place is Buckingham Palace. Answer the questions having watched the
1. What ceremony can you see at Buckingham Palace?(Changing the Guard)
2. How often does the cercmony take place? (every day)
3. Who marches first through the gates of the Palace? (the band)
4. What is the job of the police during the ceremony? (not to allow the crowd
to follow the band)
5. What is the traditional uniform of the Guard? (a red coat, black trouses, a
6. What is the helmit made of? (the fur of a bear)
The next place is the Tower of London. Try to predict what you are going to
watch. What events or facts are these words associated with?