Презентация "St.Basil’s Cathedral" 8 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
- Хайруллина Ландыш Ракиповна
This legendary building is known to everyone as …
- the Cathedral of Basil the Blessed
- Saint Basil's Cathedral
- The Cathedral of Intercession of the Virgin by the Moat
From The History …
- It is a Russian cathedral erected on the Red Square in Moscow in 1555–1561. It was built on the order of Ivan the Terrible to commemorate the capture of Kazan and Astrakhan.
- The site of the cathedral was a busy marketplace.
- Tsar Ivan IV marked every victory of the Russo-Kazan War by erecting a wooden memorial church next to the walls of Trinity Church;
Do you know that…
- Nothing is known about the builders, Barma and Postnik Yakovlev, except their names and the legend that Ivan had them blinded so that they could not create anything to compare.
- In fact, when built, the Cathedral was all white to match the white-stone Kremlin, and the onion domes were gold rather than multicoloured and patterned as they are today
Inside the building…
- The Cathedral is now a museum. Visitors take the route into the central church. You can also walk along the narrow, winding gallery, covered in beautiful patterned paintwork.
- One service a year is held in the Cathedral, on the Day of Intercession in October.