Презентация "British Parliament" 10 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
Символы Британской монархии
- Elizabeth II
- (Elizabeth Alexandra Mary )
В Британском парламенте
И снова там же …
Вот так работает Британский парламент …
И снова за работой …
По мере чтения текста, заполните таблицу, маркируя текст предложенным способом.
- V - уже знал (have already known)
- + - новая информация (new information)
- - не знал, думал иначе (didn’t know, thought differently)
- ? - не понял (didn’t undestand)
Let’s see what you have learnt about the British Parliament now
- Fill in the gaps.
- 1. In the UK there is no president, the Queen is … of the … .
- 2. There are two Houses in the Parliament:
- … and … .
- 3. People who sit in the … Commons are called … .
- 4. People who sit in the … Lords are called … .
- 5. British people … for MPs at a general … .
- 6. The party which wins a general … forms the … and their leader becomes … .
- 7. After the Queen approves the bill, it becomes … .
Say true or false.
- Say true or false.
- 1. The British Parliament sits in 2 buildings.
- 2. There is a general election when the Queen decides.
- 3. The Queen rules the country in fact.
- 4. Members of the House of Commons never make important decisions.
- 5. Life peers get into the House of Lords because their parents were rich.
- 6. The United Kingdom is a monarchy.
- 7. If the Queen disagrees with a bill, she has to approve it.
- 8. Every member of the House of Lords and the House of Commons is called an MP.
Fill t in the crossword puzzles and
- What do MPs do with their feet?
- What is the surname of one of the most famous British Prime Ministers (“the Iron Lady”)?
- What does the Lord Chancellor sit on?
- What are the members of the House of Commons called?
- Who opens the Parliament?
- Who presides over the House of Commons?
- а) read the name of the river where the Palace of Westminster stands.
A group of the most important ministers.
- A group of the most important ministers.
- Non-elected members of Parliament.
- Persons who are responsible for the government policies.
- The number of seats the leading party has.
- The party that challenges the official policy.
- The head of state in Britain now.
- The name of the chambers are called … .
- b) Which institution exercises the power of the people in Great Britain?
He was a member of the House of … .
- He was a member of the House of … .
- He worked very much. He was … .
- He was very … with the nation during the Second World War.
- During the Second World War he had to make decisions that could bring success or failure. He was … .
- He smoked much and in many pictures he is depicted with a … .
- The British think that he always knew what he … do in difficult situations.
- He could wait, he was … .
- He was reputed to be a … politician because many times he showed his ability to do well his job.
- Many years passed after his death but the British still remember and … him.
- c) the name of one of the most respected and devoted British politicians.
I want you to make up сinquain in English or in Russian on the topic “The British Parliament”
- Cinquain Poetry
- A Cinquain Poem focuses on one idea. It has five lines and follows a pattern
- Line 1: One word as a title ( Noun).
- Line 2: Two words describe the title (Adjectives).
- Line 3: Three words express action (Verbs).
- Line 4: Four words express a felling.
- Line 5: One word (another word for the title) (Noun).
- P1 : Parliament
- democratic, strong
- rule, discuss, examine
- it’s a wonderful system
- P2 : Lords
- permanent, non-elected
- examine, revise, delay
- it is unfair system (or I don’t like this house)
- silly (or useless)
- P3 : Commons
- elected, powerful
- discuss, make, control
- it’s the main house
Copyright © 2013-2018 "Учителя.com" | Обратная связь: firstname.lastname@example.org