Конспект урока "Sights of London"
Урок - экскурсия.
Тема: «Sights of London».
Цели: 1. Практиковать учащихся в устной речи;
2. Введение нового лексического материала
3. Расширение и систематизация знаний о стане изучаемого языка
Задачи: 1.Закрепление ранее изученного лексического материала
2. Прививать интерес к иностранному языку.
Оборудование: виды Лондона, символика страны, мультимедийная доска. Раздаточный
материал (карточки с заданиями)
Dear friends! We are going to have an interesting tour. The bus is here. Let us get on the bus.
II. Речевая зарядка.
- Do you like sightseeing tours?
- When was it?
- Would you like to visit London?
- What would you like to see there?
Listen and repeat.
St. Paul’s Cathedral
The Houses of Parliament
The Tower of London
The British Museum
Hello, ladies and gentlemen. We welcome you to London. London is one of the largest cities in
the world. About seven million people live here. London is more than two thousand years old.
London’s most famous sights are Tower Bridge, Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, Trafalgar
Square and St. Paul’s Cathedral.
Проверка понимания текста.
a) We start from Trafalgar Square.
On the column in the centre there is a statue of Admiral Nelson who defeated the French at the
Battle of Trafalgar in 1805.
b) On the second slide you see The Houses of Parliament with Big Ben
The Houses of Parliament is the seat of the British government. Big Ben is one of the oldest
clocks in the world.
c) Now we are crossing Tower Bridge over the river Thames.
d) Now we are at the Buckingham Palace. It is the London home of the Queen. When the flag is
flying on the top she is at home.
e) From here you can see the Tower of London. It was a fortress, a royal palace and later a
prison. It is a museum now.
f) Now we are coming to The British Museum. BM was founded in 1753. It now houses ten
departments and part of the British Library.
g) And our last stop is National Gallery
The gallery, in Greek Revival style, was designed by William Wilkins and built in 1834.
But at the last lesson you have received more detailed information on sights of London
Let's check up how much well you have studied these texts
1. What monument is situated in the middle of Trafalgar Square?
2. Name the place, where laws governing British life are debated and enacted?
3. Which bridge is weighing about 1, 000 tons?
4. Which palace known as “Buck House”?
5. What place was designed by William Wilkins?
6. What place famous as a place of imprisonment and execution?
7. Name the national library of the UK?
And on the next slide you can see the plan of exercises on texts
1. Do the crossword puzzle
2. Match the sights and their names
3. Tick the appropriate dates
4. Fill in the sentences with the words in the table
5. Fill in the missing verbs from the box in the right form
1. The biggest and the most famous
clock in Britain.
3. The capital of Great Britain.
4. Where is a Column of Nelson?
1. The Royal Palace in London.
2. The fortress, royal palace, prison,
and now a museum.