New Hotline (Pre- Intermediate )
Aim: to practice the Present Simple Tense
Skills of development:
- Reading: reading for information
- Writing: sentences about Terry and oneselves
- Pronunciation: sentence stress
- Cognitive skills: development of listenin
- Materials: cassette
1. Students open their books and read the questions aloud.
Teacher makes sure everyone understand the question.
a) Who are the people?
b) Where are they?
c) What are they talking about? Why?
2. Students give their answers to the question
a) Darren Tooley, his friends, Casey Royston
b) In the street, near Victoria road
c) They are talking about Terry, because Darren wants to get his revenge for
what happened in the café.
3. Teacher explains any new vocabulary that students need to understand the
dialogue (get the bus, late, that’s very helpful, I see).
1. Teacher plays the tape. Students listen and follow in their books. Teacher
plays the tape again, if necessary.
2. Students read the dialogue and teacher makes sure reading is correct, playing
attention to sentence stress.
3. Teacher divides class into pairs.
person is Darren
person is Casey
Students read the dialogue in pairs, paying attention to sentence stress.
Darren Excuse me. Do you know Terry Moore?
Casey Oh yes, I know Terry. Are you his friend?
D: What? …. Oh, yes. Terry knows me. Where does he live?
C: He lives in Victoria Road at number 20.
D: What time does he go to school?