7. What is the biggest part of Russia?
8. This city is the port of five seas.
a) St. Petersburg
1 ведущий: Now, let our jury sum up the results.
II round. (10 мин.)
2 ведущий: Well, we shall suggest you to answer 8 questions about Russian history,
literature and music. You have one minute to think it over.
1. Who was the first president of Russia? (B. Yeltsin)
2. What was the surname of the Russian tsar, Peter the First? (Romanov)
3. A monument to these people is in Red Square in Moscow. (the monument of Minin and
4. There we can see the famous Tsar-Bell and Tsar-Cannon. (In the Moscow Kremlin)
5. Who wrote these words: «Скажи-ка, дядя, ведь недаром Москва, спаленная пожаром,
французу отдана?» (M. Lermontov)
6. Which poet wrote a poem about Russian women: «Коня на скаку остановит…»
7. This musical instrument is very popular with young people. (a quitar)
8. This musical work is played in Russia more often than any other one. (the national
IV..The competition of supporters. (6 мин.)
1 ведущий: While the jury is checking up the tests we’ll have the competition of supporters.
There are many places to see in our country. What the most famous and important cities in our
country do you know?
Moscow is the capital of Russia. It’s one of the biggest and most beautiful cities in the word.
The population of the city is about 9 million people.
Moscow is a political center, where the government of our country works.
Moscow was founded in 1147 by Yuri Dolgoruky. Moscow is an industrial center, too. There
are many factories and industrial plants in it.
Moscow is a cultural center. There are a lot of theatres, museum, institutes, libraries and
cinemas in Moscow. There are different means of public transport in Moscow. They are trams,
buses, trolley buses, taxis, the underground.
Moscow, the heart of our country, is dear not only to Muscovites, but to all Russians.
What sights of our capital would you recommend to visit?
There are many places of interest in Moscow.
(The Kremlin, Red Square, State Moscow University, the Moscow Metro, the Central Stadium in
Luzhniki, Gorky Central Park, the Children s Musical Theatre, the Battle of Borodino Panorama
Museum, the Museum of History, the Bolshoi Theatre, the Tretyakov Art Gallery, the Pushkin
Fine Art Museum, the Central Military Museum).