Презентация "Holidays" 7 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
- Mama loves coffee
- Papa loves tea
- I love my teachers
- And my teachers love me
- Divide the words into 3 categories:
- Thanksgiving Day, roast turkey,trick, pumpkin pie, knock, New Year,
- dress up, celebrate, decorate, St. Patrick’s Day, sweet potatoes,
- Christmas, give, St. Valentine’s Day, pudding, sign, Hallowe’en,
- sweets, chocolate.
THANKSGIVING DAY. CHRISTMAS.
- In November in America there is a great holiday –Thanksgiving Day.
- Families come together for the day.They decorate the houses with autumn fruits and flowers and eat traditional American food:roast turkey, pumpkin pie and sweet potatoes.
- 2.On the 25-th of December there is the greatest holiday in England- Christmas. People give each other presents and send Christmas cards. Presents for children are there in the stockings.
- The traditional English dinner on Christmas Day is roast turkey and Christmas pudding.
- TRUE OR FALSE
- 1. Thanksgiving Day is in December.
- 2. They usually eat meat and porridge on
- Thanksgiving Day.
- 3. They decorate the houses with a New Year Tree on this day.
- 4. Christmas is on the 23-rd of December.
- 5.The traditional English dinner on Christmas is roast turkey and pudding.
ST. VALENTINE’S DAY.
- It is fun to see the New year in.
- People celebrate this holiday on December,31.
- People decorate the New Year Tree. There is a lot of dancing
- and eating.
- The 14-th of February is St.Valentine’s Day.
- People buy or make Valentine cards and send them to people they love. They don’t sign their cards- you must guess who sent the cards to you.
Answer the questions
- 1 .When do people celebrate the New Year?
- 2. What do they decorate?
- 3. What do people do on St.Valentine’s Day?
- 4. Why don’t they sign the cards on St. Valentine’s Day?
- The 17-th of March is a national holiday in Ireland-St.Patrick’s Day.People send greeting cards.
- On that day people wear green because it is one of the national colours of Ireland and the sign of spring.
- On the 31-st of October in Great Britain there is a nice holiday for children – Halloween.
- People put pumpkins on the window-sills. They draw eyes,noses and mouths on the pumpkins and put candles into them.
- Children dress up in funny clothes. They go from house to house and say”Trick or treat”.
- People give then sweets, fruit, cakes, cookies or money.
Finish the sentences
- 1.A national holiday in Ireland is…
- 2.People wear green on this holiday because…
- 3.A nice holiday for children Halloween is on…
- 4. They go from house to house and say…
DO YOU KNOW?
- What holidays do people in our country celebrate on..
- August, 30
- October, 25
- December, 16
- March, 22
- January, 7
- December, 31
- What holidays do English
- people celebrate on…
- January, 1
- February, 14
- March, 17
- October, 31
- December, 25
T E S T
- On this day people usually visit their friends. There is a lot of dancing and eating.
- On this day people send cards
- to their friends, parents and relatives.
- People put trees in their rooms and
- decorate them with toys.
- People send cards to people they love. They shouldn’t write their names on the cards.
- Those who get them must guess who sent them.
- 4. On this day children put pumpkins
- on the window-sills and dress as ghosts on this day.
- 5. It’ a national holiday in Ireland.
- People wear green because it’s the national colour of this country.
- 6. This is a great holiday in America.
- People decorate the houses with
- autumn fruits and flowers and eat traditional American food: roast turkey and pumpkin pie.
- a) St. Patrick’s Day
- b) Halloween
- c) New Year’s Day
- d) St.Valentine’s Day
- e) Christmas
- f) Thanksgiving Day
SEE YOU SOON.
Copyright © 2013-2016 "Учителя.com" | Обратная связь: email@example.com