2. Which island is the largest one? 2. Name the capitals of
3. What separates Great Britain 3. What river does London stand on?
from the continent?
task: Make up words from the given letters.
thsorcilak (historical) abyeb (Abbey)
ondnlo (London) vesnra (ravens)
cailermmoc (commercial) onercomsimsi
owter (tower) meliantpar (parliament)
aresqu (square) menackni (nickname)
betalt (battle) arwhesv (wharves)
The 3d task:
Make up and translate sentences with the given words.
1. Of, cities, our, a population, eight, it, planet, on, people with, is, one, the largest,
about, of, million.(it is one of the largest cities on our planet with a population of
about eight million people)
2. The most, historical, and, circumstances, geographical, made, important, center,
cultural, have, London, commercial, and.(historical and geographical
circumstances have made London the most important commercial and cultural
3. Is, center, the, of, Trafalgar, London, Square.(the center of London is Trafalgar
1. Nelson, at, Trafalgar, the French, Admiral, in, defeated, the battle, of,
1805.(Admiral Nelson defeated the French at the battle of Trafalgar in 1805)
2. Is, now, it, and, palace, a museum, a prison, was, later, it, a royal, now.(later it
was a royal palace and a prison, it is a museum now)
3. Where, church, famous, a royal, is, people, Westminster, are, Abbey, buried
(Westminster Abbey is a royal church where famous people are buried).