Презентация "Elizabeth II"
Подписи к слайдам:
- Queen Elizabeth is the oldest monarch in British history. In April she was 90 years old.
- She was the oldest child of the Duke of York and his wife, Elizabeth. Her father became King George VI of Great Britain and Ireland in 1936 when his older brother Edward VIII (1894–1972) gave up the throne. Along with her younger sister, Margaret, Elizabeth was educated at home by private tutors. She particularly liked history, languages, and music. She later took an interest in national affairs.
- Princess Elizabeth married Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh on 20 November 1947. The wedding was held in Westminster Abbey.
- After Elizabeth became queen in 1952, she tried in her own way to make the British monarchy more modern and more sensitive to the public. She began hosting informal luncheons at Buckingham Palace (the London residence of the queen) to which a variety of people from fields such as industry, theater, and sports were invited.
- Perhaps the most popular of Elisabeth's attempts were the “walkabouts” in which she met? Shook hands and chatted with ordinary people.
- Her coronation was held at Westminster Abbey.