Презентация "GETTING AROUND in LONDON"
Подписи к слайдам:
- GETTING AROUND in LONDON
- The London Underground
- Tickets and travelcards
- The double-decker bus
- Trains and commuters
- [ I ] it, bring, nickname, deserve, thin, everything, with, without
- [ ɔ ] block, hobby, jogging, occupation
- [æ ] fan, amber, black cab, taxi, map, passengers, crash
Put the missing letters
- F_m_ _s for
- Ra_ing ca_ dr_v_r
- P_r_onal d_t_ _ls
Translate the sentences into English:
- Translate the sentences into English:
- Приносить победу
- Личные данные
- Команда болельщиков
- Заслуживать уважения
- Отличное занятие
- Превосходное хобби
- Оздоровительный бег по утрам
- Родиться весной
- Быстрый автогонщик
- Личные данные
- THE LONDON UNDERGROUND
- When you arrive at Heathrow airport, the quickest way to get to the centre of London is by train Heathrow Express or by the underground (the Tube).
- This sign shows the entrance to a station on the London Underground.
- The price of a ticket depends on the distance you travel to and the time of day. There are 6 zones.
- When you travel out of zone 1, which is the central zone, you pay more.
- So, one journey costs £4-6.
- TICKETS AND TRAVELCARDS
- A Travelcard is a one-day ticket on London transport. You can use the same travelcard on any bus and the Tube for as many journeys as you like all day.
- A daily travelcard is cheaper if you buy it after 9.30 a.m. when the morning rush hour is over (off-peak).
- Look at the daily travelcard
- 1.When was it used?
- 2.What time was it bought?
- 3.How much did it cost?
- 4.What zones was it used in?
THE DOUBLE-DECKER BUS
- Most London buses are red.
- They are not as popular as the Tube because they get stuck in traffic.
- But they go everywhere.
- London taxis are often called black cabs.
- Taxis are expensive but good if there is a group of 3 or 4 of you.
- Taxi-drivers, or cabbies, are proud of their knowledge of London.
- They spend up to 4 years learning the best routes before they get their license.
- There are many cyclists on the roads in London. Cycling can be unhealthy. Some cyclists wear masks to protect themselves from the exhaust fumes.
- Cars in Britain drive on the left. Be careful when crossing the road.
- Sings under your feet remind you where to look before stepping on the road.
- Is cycling encouraged in Moscow? In what ways?
- TRAINS AND COMMUTERS
- One million people commute into central London every day. They travel by train, Tube or bus from the suburbs into the city centre to work. These people are commuters.
- 40% of these people use trains.
- Train tickets are expensive but this form of transport is a fast and environmentally friendly alternative to using a car.
- Task 1
- True (T) or False (F)?
- The London Underground is also called the metro.
- A black cab is a London taxi.
- A travelcard is a one-day ticket on London transport.
- Buses in London are faster than trains.
- You can buy a travelcard at any time of the day.
- Three is the maximum number of passengers allowed in one taxi.
- The rush hour is the busiest time to travel.
- A double-decker is a bus with two levels.
- Zone 4 on London Underground is in Central London.
- A commuter is someone who likes trains.
- A cabbie is the driver of a London taxi.
- How many different forms of public transport can you use to get around in town?
- Which forms of transport are best/worst for the environment?
- Give examples of any problems you have getting around in Moscow.
- Task 2
- Answer the questions.
Home assignment 3d Culture corner (words to learn) ex1 p. 31 ( to learn)
Материалы из категории:
- Презентация "French borrowings In English"
- Презентация "Lovely English with Disney s characters"
- Научно-исследовательская работа "Английский язык в одежде современного подростка" 4-9 класс
- Самостоятельная работа по английскому языку в 4 классе Enjoy English
- Презентация "HOLIDAYS IN GREAT BRITAIN"
- Презентация "Going on holidays" 3 класс