Презентация "Welcome to Australia" 3 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
- What Do You Know about Australia?
- True or false?
- 1.The capital of Australia is Sydney.
- 2.Dingo is a wild cat.
- 3. Sydney is famous for its tower.
- 4.Canberra is the capital of Australia.
- 5.There are a lot of farms in Australia.
- 6.Aborigines are the original Australian people.
- 7.Opera House is in Toowoomba.
- Australia is situated south of Asia, between the Pacific and the Indian Oceans. Australia is a continent, a country and an island at the same time. Australia is located in the southern hemisphere.
- OFFITIAL NAME : Commonwealth of Australia
- CAPITAL: Canberra
- TOTAL AREA: 7,700,000 sq.km
- POPULATION: 20 million people
- HEAD OF STATE: Queen Elizabeth II represented by Governor-General
- FORM OF GOVERNMENT: Constitutional monarchy
- PORTS: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane
- LONGEST RIVER: the Darling (2,740 km)
- HIGHEST POINT: Mount Kosciusko (2,230 m)
- NATURAL RESOURCES: coal, zink, nickel, gold, wool
- NATIONAL HOLIDAY: Australian Day , 16 January (1788)
- MONEY: basic unit – Australian dollar
- NATIONAL SYMBOLS: Kangaroo and Emu
- NATIONAL ANTHEM: “Waltzing Matilda”
- Captain James Cook discovered Australia in 1770. He was sent to discover the huge land that many people believed was south of the equator. He landed south of present day Sydney in New South Wales. He claimed this part of the land for the King of England.
- In 1851 gold was discovered about 300 km west of Sydney.
- The Aborigines are the Australian natives that had been living there for thousands of years before the first Europeans came to Australia in the 1600s.
- Australia's coat of arms – the official emblem of the Australian Government – was granted by George V in 1912. The arms consist of a shield containing the badges of the six states. The supporters are native Australian fauna – a kangaroo and an emu. A yellow-flowered native plant, wattle, also appears in the design.
- The flag of Australia is the only one to fly over a whole continent. The small Union Jack represents the historical link with Britain, the large seven-pointed star represents the six States and Territories, and the small stars from the Southern Cross – a prominent feature of the southern hemisphere night sky.
Canberra is the capital of Australia. It is very young city.
- Canberra is the capital of Australia. It is very young city.
- Population is about 310,000 people.
Capital of New South Wales. Leading industrial city. Population: 3,200,000 people.
- Capital of New South Wales. Leading industrial city. Population: 3,200,000 people.
- Write the questions about Australia.(When,Why,Who,Where,What).
- 1.______ is the capital of Australia?
- 2.______is Sydney famous for?
- 3.______do Aborigines live?
- 4. _____ is Australia a beautiful continent?
- 5.______ lives in Australia?
Capital of Queensland. It is a year-round vocation place. Population is about 1,400,000 people.
- Capital of Queensland. It is a year-round vocation place. Population is about 1,400,000 people.
Capital of South Australia. A pretty and industrial city. Population: 1,100,000 people.
- Capital of South Australia. A pretty and industrial city. Population: 1,100,000 people.
- Australians really love nature. They try to protect their nature and their animals.
1.What is the capital of Australia?
- 1.What is the capital of Australia?
- 2.Where is the Opera House?
- 3.What is this animal?
- 4.What is the sheep station?
- 5.Who are Aborigines?
- 6.What is a dingo
- 7.Where is Alice Springs?
- 8. Name 5 towns of Australia.
- 9.What is Sydney famous for?
- 10.Write 6 animals in Australia.
- 11.Translate the word –desert.
Copyright © 2013-2017 "Учителя.com" | Обратная связь: firstname.lastname@example.org