Итоговый тест по английскому языку 8 класс
МУНИЦИПАЛЬНОЕ ОБЩЕОБРАЗОВАТЕЛЬНОЕ УЧРЕЖДЕНИЕ
«СРЕДНЯЯ ОБЩЕОБРАЗОВАТЕЛЬНАЯ ШКОЛА №13»
Итоговый тест по английскому языку для
учащихся 8 класса
Старцева Ирина Владимировна, учитель
1) Put “the” where necessary.
1. They visited a village in ____ Alps.
2. Have you seen ____ Mount Fuji?
3. She went to ____ United Kingdom to study English.
4. ____ Australia is really an enormous place.
5. We went to ____ Republic of Ireland and stayed in ____ Dublin.
6. I often go on holiday to ____ Canary Islands.
7. _____ Greece gets very hot in the summer.
2) Choose the correct answer.
1. I haven`t _________TV since Sunday.
A. watch B. watched C. watching
2. She has been _________ table tennis since childhood.
A. playing B. played C. play
3. Beth and Jeffrey _____ last week.
A. meet B. meted C. met
4. When I came home, my mother ____ cooking dinner.
A. is B. were C. was
5. We ____ done our homework by three o`clock yesterday.
A. have B. had C. did
6. Have you ______ visited the United States? – No, I have never visited it.
A. ever B. yet C. already
7. I _______ the room while my cousin was listening to music
A. was entering B. enter C. entered
3) Choose the correct sentence.
1. A. If I have a lot of money, I would often travel.
B. If I had a lot of money, I would often travel.
C. If I had a lot of money, I would often travelled.
2. A. If my sister prepared for a test well yesterday, she would have got a
B. If my sister had prepared for a test well yesterday, she would get a better mark.
C. If my sister had prepared for a test better, she would have got a better mark.
3. Match the sentence parts:
1. If I were rich,
a. if he had trained better.
2. I would be happy
b. she would join the party.
3. If we had left home earlier,
c. I would buy a sports car.
4. Howard would have won
d. we wouldn`t have missed the
5. If Susan weren`t ill,
e. if you come and see me.
4) Match the words and their definitions.
1.the Solar System
a. a person, who hurts or frightens
b. United Nations Educational,
Scientific and Cultural Organization
3. to destroy
c. a book to explain how to do
something or how to use something
4. the environment
d. the ship on which the Pilgrims left
England to go to America
e. a programme which gives facts
and information about a particular
6. a power station
f. the Sun together with the planets
going around it
7. a tabloid
g. to damage something so much that
it cannot be repaired
h. a long period of dry weather when
there is not enough water
9. a documentary
i. the capital of Canada
10. a manual
j. a large building in which
electricity is made
11. a bully
k. a newspaper with rather small
pages, many pictures and little
12. the Mayflower
l. natural conditions, such as air,
water, land, in which people, animals
and plants live
5) Read the text and complete the sentences choosing A, B or C.
The mass media play an important part in our lives. Newspapers, radio and
especially TV inform us of what is going on in this world and give us wonderful
possibilities for education and entertainment. They also influence the way we see
the world and shape our views.
Of course, not all newspapers and TV programmes report the events objectively,
but serious journalists and TV reporters try to be fair and provide us with reliable
It is true that the world today is full of dramatic events and most news seems to
be bad news. But people aren’t interested in ordinary events. That is why there
are so many programmes and articles about natural disasters, plane crashes, wars,
murders and robberies. Good news doesn’t usually make headlines. Bad news
Some people say that journalists are given too much freedom. They often intrude
on people’s private lives. They follow celebrities and print sensational stories
about them which are untrue or half-true. They take photos of them in their most
intimate moments. The question is - should this be allowed?
The main source of news for millions of people is television. People like TV
news because they can see everything with their own eyes. And that’s an
important advantage. Seeing, as we know, is believing. Besides, it’s much more
difficult for politicians to lie in front of the cameras than on the pages of
Still, many people prefer the radio. It’s good to listen to in the car, or in the open
air, or when you do something about the house.
Newspapers don’t react to events as quickly as TV, but they usually provide us
with extra detail, comment and background information.
The Internet has recently become another important source of information. Its
main advantage is that news appears on the screen as soon as things happen in
real life and you don’t have to wait for news time on TV.
1) The term the mass media in English refers basically to........
A) TV and radio .
B) the newspapers , magazines, television, video and radio.
C) the newspaper, television and radio.
2) If a person wants......he reads newspapers and watches TV programmes.
A) to have an interview with somebody
B) to overcome fear
C) to be well-informed
3) Good and serious journalists and reporters provide people with.....
A) reliable information
4) People are interested in.......
A) ordinary events that happen every day
B) current events, different reports and interviews and natural disasters.
C) VIP’s private lives.
5) How do paparazzi earn their living?
A) They ask celebrities a lot of questions and then make a film about them.
B) They follow celebrities, write sensational stories about them and take photos of
them in their most intimate moments.
A) They meet very important people and ask them to take part in their performances.
6) The main source of news for millions of people is.......
A) television B) magazines C) video
7) People like watching TV news more than listening news on the radio
A) TV programmes report the events more objectively than radio programmes
B) Seeing is believing
C) most radio news is bad news
8) ‘The news media’ tell us.......
A) what’s happening in the world
B) about mysterious stories which are untrue or half-true.
C) only about wars, murders and robberies, and crashes.
9) The main advantage of the Internet is......
A) that the news appears on the screen as soon as things happen in real life
B) that you have to have a computer at home
C) that multimedia web pages with photographs, music and video are very attractive
1) 1. The 2. – 3. The 4. – 5. The; - 6. The 7. –
2) 1. B 2. A 3. C 4. C 5. B 6. A 7. C
3) 1. B 2. C 3. 1-c, 2-e, 3-d, 4-a, 5-b.
4) 1-f, 2-h, 3-g, 4-e, 5-i, 6-j, 7-k, 8-b, 9-e, 10-c, 11-a, 12-d.
5) 1.B 2.C 3.A 4.B 5.B 6.A 7.B 8.A 9.A
Список использованной литературы:
1) Murphy R. – Essential Grammar in Use. – Cambridge University Press, 2015.
– 320 c.
2) Биболетова М.З., Трубанева Н.Н. - Учебник Английский язык Enjoy
English 8 класс. – Обнинск: Титул, 2010. – 160 с.
3) Биболетова М.З., Бабушис Е.Е. – Рабочая тетрадь Enjoy English Workbook
8 класс. – Обнинск: Титул, 2014 – 64 с.
Интернет – источники:
Материалы из категории:
- КТП по английскому языку 8 класс на 2016-2017 уч. год
- Контрольная работа по английскому языку в 9 классе по теме: «СМИ»
- Итоговая контрольная работа по английскому языку в 5 классе
- Итоговая контрольная работа по английскому языку для 2 класса (по УМК ''Spotlight'')
- Контрольная работа по английскому языку для 5 класса
- Упражнения на пассив для 6 класса