Презентация "The rivers of America"
THE RIVERS OF USA
Подписи к слайдам:
The Mississippi river
- is the chief river of the largest river system in North America. The Mississippi ranks as the fourth longest and tenth largest river in the world. The river either borders or cuts through the states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, Illinois, Missouri, Kentucky,Tennessee, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
The Missouri river
The Missouri River
- is the second longest river in North America and a major waterway of the central United States. Rising in the Rocky Mountains of western Montana, the Missouri flows east and south for 2,341 miles (3,767 km) before entering the Mississippi River north of St. Louis, Missouri.
The Ohio river
- is hydrologically the main stream of the whole river system, including the Allegheny River further upstream. It is approximately 981 miles (1,579 km) long and is located in the Eastern United States.
The Columbia river
- is the largest river in the Pacific Northwest region of North America. The river rises in the Rocky Mountains of British Columbia, Canada. The river is 1,243 miles (2,000 km) long, and its largest tributary is the Snake River. the Columbia is the fourth-largest river in the United States; it has the greatest flow of any North American river draining into the Pacific.
The Colorado river
- is the principal river of the southwestern United States and northwest Mexico. Rising in the central Rocky Mountains in the U.S., the river flows generally southwest across the Colorado Plateau before reaching Lake Mead on the Arizona–Nevada line, where it turns south towards the international border. After entering Mexico, the Colorado forms a large delta, emptying into the Gulf of California between Baja California and Sonora.
The-Rio Grande river
- is a river that flows from southwestern Colorado in the United States to the Gulf of Mexico. Along the way it forms part of the Mexico – United States border. The river serves as a natural border between the U.S. state of Texas and the Mexican states ofChihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, and Tamaulipas.