Презентация "GREAT INVENTION" 10 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
презентация по английскому языку
10 «А» класса лицея СГТУ Развин Илья
Since the early days people have been inventing new things to make the life easier. Inventions have changed the world immensely.
A lot of people travel by planes. But it would be impossible without the Wright brothers who made the first flight in 1903.
- The invention that swept the world and changed leisure habits for countless millions was pioneered by Scottish – born electrical engineer John Logie Baird.
- It had been realised for some time that light could be converted into electrical impulses, making it possible to transmit such impulses over a distance and then reconvert them into light. It had been realised for some time that light could be converted into electrical impulses, making it possible to transmit such impulses over a distance and then reconvert them into light.
- The progress never stops even for a minute. Modern inventors introduce more complex and more amazing ideas.
- Nowadays we widely use computers and cell phones which were invented not so long ago. Another wonderful example is laser with different technologies in medicine, industry and electronics.
- Tim Berners-Lee invented the World Wide Web. His first version of the Web was a program named “Enquire”. At the time, Berners-Lee was working at the European Particle Physics Laboratory located in Geneva, Switzerland. He invented the system as a way of sharing scientific data (and other information) around the world, using the Internet, a world-wide network of computers, and hypertext documents. He wrote the language HTML (HyperText Mark-up Language), the basic language for the Web, and devised URL’s (universal resource locators) to designate the location of each web page.
- After he wrote the first browser in 1990, the World Wide Web was up and going. Its growth was (and still is) phenomenal, and has changed the world, making information more accessible than ever before in history. Berners-Lee is now a Principal Research Scientist at the Laboratory for Computer Science at the MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology, in Cambridge, Massachusett, USA) and the Director of the W3 Consortium. which develops and maintains these and other standards that enable computers on the Web to effectively store and communicate different forms of information.