Презентация "CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS"
Подписи к слайдам:
- Mrs. Miner
- BORN : Genoa, Italy * 1451
- MARRIED : Felipa Perestre Moniz
- CHILDREN : Diego and Ferdinand
- DIED : Valladolid, Spain * May 20, 1506
- Columbus’s signature and Coat of Arms
CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS’S First Voyage * August 3, 1492
- Columbus set sail from Palos, Spain. He arrives in the West Indies and lands on the island of San Salvador on October 12, 1492.
CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS’S Second Voyage * September 25, 1493
- Columbus set sail from Cadiz, Spain. He explores the islands of Jamaica, Puerto Rico, and Hispaniola.
- He returns to Spain in June 1496.
CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS’S Third Voyage * May 30, 1498
- Columbus leaves from Sanlucar, Spain. He finally lands on the mainland of South America. (Present-day Venezuela)
CHRISTOPHER COLUMBUS’S Fourth Voyage * May 9, 1502
- Columbus leaves on his final voyage from Cadiz, Spain. Columbus investigates the Central American Coast. He sails along the coasts of what are now Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama.
COLUMBUS’S HIGH VOYAGE
- Columbus sailed along the coasts of what are now Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama.
- At the narrowest part of the isthmus of Panama, Columbus heard stories that a large body of water laid a dew days’ march across the mountains. Because of his failure to investigate these stories, Columbus missed the chance to become the first European to see the Pacific Ocean.