Презентация "Christ the Redeemer"
Подписи к слайдам:
- The statue is 120 ft tall and weighs 635 tons.
- It is now a part of the modern Seven Wonders of the World.
- It is located on 2,300 feet high in the Tujuca Forest National Park overlooking the city.
- The statue is made of concrete and soapstone.
- As a symbol of Brazilian Christianity, the statue has become an icon for Rio de Janeiro and Brazil.
- The idea of building a statue of Christ on the top of Carcovado was first suggested by Catholic priest Pedro Maria Boss in the mid-1850s, but was dismissed.
The second proposal was made in 1921 by the Catholic Circle of Rio. In order to gain more publicity, the group organized the collection of donations and signatures for those who were in favor of building the statue.
There were a lot of suggestions. Finally, a statue of Jesus with open arms was chosen.Local engineer Heitor da Silva Costa designed the statue and Polish-French sculptor Paul Landowski sculpted it .
- Local engineer Heitor da Silva Costa designed the statue and Polish-French sculptor Paul Landowski sculpted it .
- Construction took nine years, from 1922 to 1931 and cost US$250,000.
Английский язык - еще материалы к урокам:
- Самоанализ открытого урока "Школа: школьные принадлежности" 4 класс
- Формирование коммуникативных УУД на уроках английского языка в условиях реализации ФГОС
- Проверочная работа по английскому языку 2 класс
- РОЛЕВАЯ ИГРА КАК СРЕДСТВО РЕАЛИЗАЦИИ КОММУНИКАТИВНОГО МЕТОДА НА УРОКАХ ПО АНГЛИЙСКОМУ ЯЗЫКУ
- Презентация "Perfekt" 4 класс
- Рабочая программа по английскому языку 10 класс