Презентация "ENGLISH MEALS"
Подписи к слайдам:
ПРЕЗЕНТАЦИЯ по английскому языку на тему: «ENGLISH MEALS»
The English usually have 4 meals a day: breakfast, lunch, tea (5 o'clock), and dinner. Breakfast can be a full 'English breakfast' of corn flakes with milk and sugar, or bacon and eggs, toast and marmalade, tea or coffee.
- At midday everything is stopped for lunch. The English like what they call 'good plain food'. Usually they like steak, roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, and fish and chips.
Afternoon tea is taken at about 5 o'clock, but it can hardly be called a meal. It is a cup of tea and a cake or biscuits.
At the weekends afternoon tea is a special occasion. Friends and visitors are often invited to have a chat over a cup of tea.
Dinner is the most substantial meal of the whole day. It is usually eaten at 7 o'clock. The first course may be soup (though the English don't like it very much.
The main course will often be fish or meat, perhaps the traditional roast beef of old England, and a lot of vegetables.
The next course will be something sweet and often baked, such as a fruit pie.
Last of all there may be cheese, often with biscuits.
The Sunday Roast Dinner
- Sunday lunch traditionally consists of roast meat, (cooked in the oven for about two hours), two different kinds of vegetables and potatoes with a Yorkshire pudding, beef, lamb or pork; chicken is also popular.
On Christmas Day a roast turkey is traditionally cooked for dinner. It is usually followed by Christmas pudding.
Материалы из категории:
- Презентация "Я люблю Россию"
- Презентация по английскому языку "Доброе утро"
- План урока "Is Your Hometown a Capital of Culture?" 7 класс
- Открытый урок "Funny travelling" 2 класс
- Урок английского языка "Good Times Ahead" 4 класс УМК «Spotlight»
- Конспект урока английского языка "Люди и животные в деревне и в городе" 4 класс