II. Read the text on p. 102AB and complete the sentences.
1) Robin’s grandfather asks them to find Grandfather’s _____.
2) Nancy and Michael think they can ____ Robin.
3) Michael hopes that he and Robin will play football and ____.
4) Nancy and Michael don’t really ____ how a puzzle box can help Robin.
5) Robin is sick and needs a special___ .
6) The puzzle box is the only way ____for the operation.
7) Only Mr Hall can ___ the box.
8) Mr Hall doesn’t know which of his ____ has the box now.
9) Mr Hall wants to start the search (поиск) with____ .
10) Nancy and Michael promise (обещают) to ___ the box.
III. Choose the best option.
1. I think I’m taking/I’ll take Fred to the doctor. He has got a temperature.
2. Watch out! That ladder will/is going to fall on you.
3. Don’t lend Ann your toys. She’ll break / she’s breaking them.
4. Patrick is going to/ will read a law at the university. 34
5. We’ll go / we are going out for a walk tonight. Do you fancy coming along?
6. If you don’t study, you are failing / you’ll fail your exam.
7. David is starting/ going to start cycling to work. He wants to get fit.
8. This time next week, I’ll be/ I’m on the beach.
9. The ten o’clock news starts/ will start in a minute.
10. Lucy and Jim will get married/ are getting married on Sunday.
IV. Write the correct form of the verbs in brackets:
1. I think Japan (win) the World Cup.
2. When (you/ be) back home? Do you have any idea?
3. Look at those storm clouds. It (rain) most of the weekend.
4. I (buy) my girl friend a present. It’s her birthday on Tuesday.
5. That child never takes any exercise. He (be) very overweight.
6. The bank has announced that interest rates (fall) next year.
7. The class (start) at 9 and finishes at 5.
8. I (visit) my Spanish friends soon. I’ve booked the ticket.
9. If you don’t stop that, I (call) the police.
10. I (help) you. I’m good with computers.