Present Perfect or Present Perfect Continuous.
1. Choose the right tense form.
1. The birds have already flown/have been flying to the South.
2. Ben has forgotten/has been forgetting to learn the poem.
3. The train has just come/has been coming.
4. John has been painting/has painted in his studio since 10 o’clock.
5. Their parents have been/have being friends since their childhood.
6. Tom has been/ has been being a student for 2 years.
2. Make sentences using Present Perfect or Present Perfect Continuous.
She/clean/the flat for four hours. – She has been cleaning the flat for four hours.
1. We / read/Chekhov stories/ in the park for three hours.
2. They /read/two stories.
3. Mum/knit/in the living room/ since morning.
4. Dan/travel/round USA/for 2 weeks.
5. He/visit/already/4 countries.
3. Open the brackets use Present Perfect или Present Perfect Continuous.
1. He (to do) his lessons since lunch.
2. I (to drive) since I was 17.
3. Alice (not/pass) her driving test because she doesn’t know the rules well.
4. I (to have) a headache since I got up.
5. He is my friend, I (to know) him for a long time.
6. Ivan has a stomachacke. He (to eat) junk food all day.
7. I (never to hear) that song before.
4. Correct the mistakes if any.
1. Somebody has been playing tennis since 2 o’clock.
2. Is it still raining? No, it have stopped.
3. The boys have fished for 3 hours.
4. How many books have you written?
5. He has been hating oranges since his childhood.
5. Translate into English using either Present Perfect or Present Perfect
1. Моя сестра рисует уже 6 лет, но ещё не продала ни одной картины.
2. Мы рад, что закончили эту работу.
3. Мои руки грязные. Я работал в гараже.
4. Аня съела все конфеты.
5. Вы когда-нибудь играли в карты?