The second principle is: Beauty is as beauty does.
Alina, what does it mean?
A: This means that our personal beauty depends on our behavior rather than on our physical
appearance. In other words, it is how we act rather than how we appear that makes us ugly or beautiful.
No matter what we look like, crude behaviour can make us ugly, while gracious behaviour can make
beautiful in a very special way.
T: Good. Go to your place.
And the third principle is: A thing of beauty is a joy forever! Daniyar, what does it mean?
D: When you are around something that is ugly, you fill sad and depressed. On the other hand, when
you are around something that is beautiful you feel happy. Generally speaking, people do not want to
be around a person who makes them feel depressed. Instead, they want to be around someone who
makes them feel good.
T: Thank you, sit down.
V. Развитие диалогической речи. (парная работа)
Now I want you to make short dialogues. You’ll work in four groups. There are some situations on the
cards, take any and start to work.
1. You meet your foreign friend. Greet him and introduce him with your classmate. Show your
2. You come to a birthday party with your brother. Congratulate and introduce your brother.
3. You meet a foreigner in the street, he asks the way, help him please.
4. You are a shop assistant, help to choose a souvenir from your country.
VI. Развитие грамматических навыков. (работа на интерактивной доске)
Next work will be on grammer. We have already studied Tag-questions, and now I want you to pay your
attention to the blackboard. There are some sentences on it, read them please, try to understand and
make some changes.
1. It is a beautiful day today,------------------------- ?
2. Table manners in Europe and America differ, _____________?
3. In Britain they don’t give flowers to a man, ________________?
4. I think we don’t give flowers to a man either, _______________?
5. In Russia we take off our shoes entering a home, ______________?