3 People elect their representatives to rule the country.
4 People say what they think.
5 People can live in any place they choose.
6 The head of state guarantees the rights of citizens.
7 All people and authorities follow the constitution.
IV Yes, that’s right. And now look at the structure of the political system of Great Britain.
(На экране структура политической системы Великобритании)
What does it consist of?
1. I see, the official head of state is Queen.
2. The British Parliament is an important branch of the political system of Great Britain.
3. I know that Parliament has two houses: the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
4. The majority seats in the House of Commons form the Government with the Prime Minister at the head.
Уes, you are right. And now we’ll speak more about the Queen Elizabeth II. I’ll give you some more
historical facts about this splendid woman and you’ll add.
( The portrait of the Queen on the screen)
Queen Elizabeth II`s full name is Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor, she was born on the21st of April 1926
in London, England. She never went to school and was taught by home tutors.
Do you know what subjects was she taught?
1. I know that she was taught usual subjects as English, Literature, History, Geography and others.
2. Besides she learned basis of economy, law and constitutional right.
3. Queen knows French freely. Also she took the lessons of horse-racing, dancing and music.
4. The important fact in her life is that she was crowned in Westminster Abbey in June 1953.
5. I know that Queen Elizabeth II celebrates her birthday twice in April and in June.
Well done! You see, she is a very modest and simple woman and on her birthdays Queen always invites
people who was born on the26th of April 1926.
This year 2006 Queen celebrated the80th birthday.
What else can you add?
1Queen lives in a beautiful Buckingham Palace, the official residence of the Queen.