Презентация "The tower of London" 7 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
The tower of London
УМК “Английский в фокусе”, 7 класс.
- Date back from/to – датируется от
- Castle - замок
- Situated - расположен
- Fortress - крепость
- Prison - тюрьма
- Raven - ворон
- Beefeater – стражник Tower of london
- Take care of- ухаживать
- Feeding - кормление
- Guard – страж, охранник
- Look after - присматривать
- Crown jewels – королевские сокровища
The Tower of London is an old castle, situated in the City on the banks of the river Thames. It was used as a fortress, a palace and a prison. Now it’s a museum.
(to the 11th
The guards at the Tower of London are called Yeoman Warders or Beefeaters (which is a nickname), they wear beautiful traditional uniform. There are 36
Beefeaters at the Tower.
In the past they were used as bodyguards, looked after prisoners at theTower and guarded the British crown jewels. But now they are a tourist attraction , they act as guides for the tourists.
6 ravens live on the territory of the Tower. The legend says that, if the ravens ever fly away, the tower will fall down and with it the British mo-narchy and kingdom. That tradition has been honored for more than 300 years.
A Yeoman Warder, or Beef-eater, has the specific role of Ravenmaster at the Tower
and takes care of their feeding and well being.
Ravens receive a healthy diet of a raw meat, special biscuits, eggs and the occasional rabbit (the fur is good for them).
What do you know about these sights?
Материалы из категории:
- Методическая разработка "Yes! I know Great Britain"
- Сценарий "ВОЗВРАЩАЙСЯ, АМЕЛИЯ БЕДЕЛИЯ" 5 класс
- Технологическая карта урока "We’re a Part of the Universe" 8 класс
- Конспект урока "Обучение продуктивному чтению «Загадочные места мира»" 11 класс
- Презентация "A Voyage Up the Volga" 10 класс
- Внеклассное мероприятие "English-speaking countries. The United States of America"