Презентация "Wellington, New Zealand" 9-11 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
- Выполнила: Иванова В.Г., МБОУ СОШ №1 Аксайского района
- Wellington is the southernmost national capital city in the world.
- It is also the most remote capital in the World (i.e. the furthest from any other capital).
- The city averages about 169 days of sunshine per year.
- The climate is generally moderate all year round.
- Earthquakes occur regularly in New Zealand as the country forms part of the Pacific Ring of Fire, which is geologically active.
- As a nation, New Zealand takes perverse pride in its seismic volatility, and the nickname Shaky Isles is sometimes used for the country.
- Wellington suffered serious damage in a series of earthquakes in 1848 and from another earthquake in 1855.
- Edward Gibbon Wakefield
- Edward Gibbon Wakefield led The New Zealand Company in 1839.
Settlement of Wellington by the New Zealand Company.
- Settlement of Wellington by the New Zealand Company.
Wellington became New Zealand's capital in 1865, with Parliament officially sitting in the city for the first time on 26 July 1865.
- Wellington became New Zealand's capital in 1865, with Parliament officially sitting in the city for the first time on 26 July 1865.
- Wellington City has the population with 179,466 people.
- Women outnumber men in all four areas, according to data from Statistics New Zealand.
- Europeans comprise 70.2% of population, indigenous population (Maori) - 7,8 %, the rest – Asians and Polynesian.
- Wellington has the 12th best quality of living in the world in 2009.
- Wellington is home to Te Papa (the Museum of New Zealand), the Museum of Wellington City & Sea, the Katherine Mansfield Birthplace Museum, Colonial Cottage, the New Zealand Cricket Museum, the Cable Car Museum, Old Saint Paul's, and the Wellington Law school (largest wooden building in the southern hemisphere) and the Wellington City Art Gallery.
- Nearly all Wellington residents are within 3 km of the sea.
- More Wellingtonians feel safe in their homes than in other cities.
- Smoking in all hospitality venues, including bars, restaurants, cafes, and casinos, is prohibited in Wellington and throughout New Zealand.
- The Old Government Buildings are the largest wooden buildings ever constructed in the Southern hemisphere.
- Wellington airport is the busiest in the South Pacific
- The Old Government Buildings
- Wellington airport
Материалы из категории:
- План-конспект урока "The easy way to keep fit" 7 класс
- Презентация "People I admire most in the whole world"
- Презентация "Why we study English?" 7 класс
- Конспект урока "Why we study English?" 7 класс
- Технологическая карта урока "The competition" 5 класс
- Презентация "What was your friend doing at 6 pm yesterday?" 7 класс