Презентация "There is no place like home" 5-6 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
“There is no place like home”
Many English families live in flats,
but a lot of people have got their own houses
There are two floors in the traditional English house; the ground floor and the first floor.
The bedrooms and a bathroom (or bathrooms) are upstairs on the first floor.
The sitting room, the dining room and the study are downstairs on the ground floor.
The kitchen and the hall are downstairs on the ground floor too.
The sitting room is usually the largest room in the house. There is always a sofa, some chairs and armchairs in it. There is often a carpet on the floor. It makes the room comfortable.
English people usually have a fireplace in the sitting room.
They often spend evenings in armchairs near the fireplace.
They read books, watch television, listen to music
or sit around and talk
People in England like their homes and often say, “There is no place like home” and “East or West, home is best”
Answer the questions:
- What is the largest room in the traditional English house?
- What rooms are usually upstairs/downstairs?
- What do English people usually do in their sitting room?
- What do English people think of their homes?
- Do all English people live in flats?
- How many floors are there in the traditional English house?