diverting us from real life with its real problems deceiving us with vain promises. People are
getting unhealthier, more insensitive, getting used to all the horrors offered by TV every day.
9. Thank you. I am declaring a second stage. Every member of the team should express their own
ideas trying to be convincing.
The affirmative side:
1. We think that TV became an inseparable part of our life because it lets us know about all the
current events in the world. We need to know latest news so that we can know what to do
and what to be ready for. There are so many changes in the world that we must be aware of
2. We need TV because it brings the whole world to your room. We can’t travel a lot- it takes a
lot of time and money. TV gives us a chance to travel around the world. You can learn about
different countries and peoples, their national habits, customs and traditions.
3. You can relax after a hard working day. There are so many entertainments on TV. You can
see your favourite films, soap operas, you can listen to good music or watch theater
performances. You can’t afford to go to big cities to see popular theater performances. It’s
too expensive. There are so many various programmes which suit different tastes.
4. If you want to learn foreign languages you can do that on TV. Besides, if you want to know
about scientific and technological developments you can watch good educational
programmes. My favourite programme is … which really broadens my mind and widens my
outlook. Moreover, I can use the knowledge I get from TV in my life.
5. TV helps people find their lost relatives or friends whom they lost many years ago. So many
people were happy to meet them by means of TV. It is the programme …which gives people
hope and happiness.
6. There are different talk shows which help people find solutions to their problems. For
example, … the talk show… invites famous people or specialists to TV who discuss some
problems and come to some conclusions.
The negative side:
1. TV is bad because people getting more TV-addicted, they waste their time watching it. They
don’t pay attention to their relatives, they forget about their duties, they don’t care about what
is going on around them.
2. TV is dangerous because there is too much violence, blood, aggressiveness and fighting on TV. It
dulls their sensitivity, they take everything as something quite natural, as everyday affairs even
when people are killed before their eyes.
3. TV is bad because children are inactive, they don’t play sports, they destroy their health, their
eyes. Moreover, they don’t read books, newspapers and magazines.
4. Due to watching too much TV our brain becomes passive. It doesn’t develop critical thinking. We
just swallow the ready information without thinking.