3) Your home task was read and translate the text about different attractions of London and Oxford.
Now I give you cards with questions. You should read question attentively open your card and write
answers. I give you one minute. Now please stand up everybody and find partner and read the question
but you mustn’t show the answer. Your partner tries to answer. Quiz-quiz trade (название метода из
4)Teacher asks questions for the text.
1. What is the home of the Queen? The home of the Queen is Buckingham palace
2. What is the name of the Gallery that has a fine collection of European paintings? The National Gallery
has a fine collection of European paintings.
3. Where is Nelson’s Column situated? It is situated in Trafalgar Square.
4. What is the world’s first university museum? The Ashmolean museum is the world’s first university
5. What is situated in the centre of Oxford? Carfax tower is situated in the centre of Oxford.
6. What is one of the oldest bridges in London? Tower Bridge is one of the oldest bridges in London.
7. What is the name of the famous park in London? The name of the famous park is Hyde Park.
8. What Londoners can do in this park? They can walk and jog , eat their sandwiches, talk, sunbathe in
9. What is the biggest wheel in the world? London Eye is the biggest wheel in the world.
10. What is the largest of Oxford parish churches? The University church of St Mary is the largest of
Oxford’s parish churches.
11. What is the name of the stone monument positioned at the intersection of St Giles? The Martyrs’
memorial is a stone monument positioned at the intersection of St Giles.
12. What is the name of a very big castle in London? The tower of London is a very big castle.
13. What is the main research library of the University of Oxford? The main research library is the
14. What is the one of the oldest scientific garden in the world? Botanic garden is one of the oldest
scientific garden in the world.
15. What is situated on the western side of central Oxford? Oxford castle is situated on the western side
of central Oxford.
V Teacher: Now we know many attractions of London and Oxford we can read and translate them we
can answer questions about them we should learn how to use them in practice. Clock
bodies.(сингапурская методика) Choose the partner at 12 o’clock and at 3 o’clock.
1.Look at the board let’s try to read and translate words of directions:( Presentation.)
To the left