Презентация "English idioms" 5-8 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
1. It rains cats and dogs = It rains hard
- "The weather was horrible on Saturday.
It was raining cats and dogs all day.“
- If it rains cats and dogs, we will take umbrella.
2. Eat like a pig =to eat noisily and unpleasantly
- On our first date and last date, I noticed that Henry ate like a pig – there was food all over the table.
- My mom always says that my little sister eats like a pig.
3. Eat like a horse = to eat a lot of food
- No wonder he's so fat. He eats like a horse.
- She eats like a horse, so I don't know how she manages to stay so thin.
4. donkey work = to do hard, boring work
- I am tired of doing the donkey work
- If you want a promotion, you have to do a lot of donkey work first.
5. Kill 2 birds with 1 stone = to solve two problems at one time with a single action
- I killed two birds with one stone and saw some old friends while I was in Leeds visiting my parents.
- John learned the words to his part in the play while peeling potatoes. He was killing two birds with one stone.
- DONKEY WORK
- KILL TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE
- EAT LIKE A PIG
- IT RAINS CATS AND DOGS
- EAT LIKE A HORSE
- НЕОПРЯТНО КУШАТЬ
- ЛЬЕТ КАК ИЗ ВЕДРА
- ОЧЕНЬ МНОГО КУШАТЬ
- УБИТЬ ДВУХ ЗАЙЦЕВ ОДНИМ ВЫСТРЕЛОМ
- ДЕЛАТЬ ТЯЖЕЛУЮ РАБОТУ
6. PIGS MIGHT FLY = NEVER
- 'I'll pay you back on Friday, I promise.' 'Yeah, and pigs might fly.‘
- "I'll have finished it by tomorrow." "And pigs might fly!"
7. Count sheep = to fall asleep
- If people cannot sleep, they are advised to count sheep.
- I don't even feel sleepy but gotta wake up at 6 in the morning. better start counting sheeps now.
8. A snake in the grass = someone who pretends to be your friend while secretly doing things to harm you
- How could I ever have trusted that snake in the grass?
- John is such a snake in the grass.
9. As busy as a bee = to be very busy, active
- She's as busy as a bee, always going to meetings and organizing parties.
- I don't have time to talk to you. I'm as busy as a bee.
10. As blind as a bat = not able to see well
- I'm as blind as a bat without my glasses.
- He lost his sight in an accident and is as blind as a bat.
- As blind as a bat
- Pigs might fly
- A snake in the grass
- As busy as a bee
- Count sheep
- Скрытый враг
- Слепой как крот
Copyright © 2013-2017 "Учителя.com" | Обратная связь: email@example.com