Конспект урока "The different kinds of punishment in British and Russian schools" 7 класс
БОУ ТР ОО «Никольская СОШ»
Конспект урока английского языка в 7 классе:
“The different kinds of punishment in British and Russian
Методическая цель: использование элементов технологии развития
критического мышления для активизации познавательной деятельности учащихся.
Цель урока: обобщить и систематизировать страноведческие знания учащихся о
Британии и России.
Обучающие: активизировать лексические и фонетические навыки;
совершенствовать навыки говорения.
Развивающие: развивать интеллектуальные способности учащихся: критическое
мышление, память, познавательный интерес.
Воспитательные: воспитать положительное, уважительное и толерантное
отношение к школе.
Тип урока: обобщение и систематизация.
- УМК М.З. Биболетовой “Enjoy English” 7 класс, Титул, 2008 год;
- мультимедийные презентации уч-ся по теме урока;
- магнитофон, аудиокассета с записью для фонетической зарядки, релаксации;
- раздаточный материал;
- наглядный материал и опоры на доске.
1) Организационный момент /фронтально/
T: Good morning, my dears. Are you ready for the lesson?
S: Yes, we are.
T: Have you done your homework?
S: Yes, we are.
T: Would you like to start?
S: Yes, we would.
T: Today some guests are present at our lesson. I am happy to greet you on behalf of my
I won’t tell you about the things we’ll do today as I usually do, you’ll have to work the
topic of our lesson yourselves after having a look at a picture from the school life and
do some exercises. (Картинка на презентации)
- What about the teacher?
- What will he do?
2) Речевая разминка.
- I’d like to ask you some questions.
- Be active and put up your hands if
you are ready to answer.
1) Do you like to study?
2) Have you ever missed a lesson?
3) Are you often late for classes?
4) Do you like to wear school
5) Do you do your homework every
6) Did you do your homework today?
- Yes, I do. I like to study. I study
- No, I haven’t. I have never missed
- Yes, I have. I have missed a lesson
when I was ill.
- No, I am not. I am never late for
classes. Yes, I am. Sometimes I
late for classes.
- Yes, I did. I like to wear school
- No, I don’t. I don’t do my
7) Do you get bad marks?
8) Are your teachers always polite to
9) And you, pupils, are you always
polite to your teachers?
10) You are ideal students,
- And British students too. As you
know, teachers of British and
Russian schools use some kinds of
Look at the blackboard. What is
the theme of our lesson?
homework every day.
- Yes, I did. I did my homework
- I get bad marks when I am not
ready for the lesson.
- Yes, they are. They are always
polite to pupils.
- No, we are not. Sometimes we are
impolite to our teachers.
- No, we are not. We are not ideal
- The theme of our lesson is ’’The
different kinds of punishment
British and Russian schools”.
3) Активизация лексики по теме с помощью ассоциограммы:
- It’s time to remember what British
punishments do you know? Write
on the blackboard, please.
- And what the kinds of
Do you know in our school? Write
- Your home task was to make
presentations about the different
kinds of punishment in British and
Russian schools. Are you ready?
The punishments in British schools
The punishments in Russian Schools
To stay after school in addition.
To write an explanation.
To see the Head Teacher.
To have remark.
To take away a telephone.
Lines - In England when a teacher gives
you “lines”, you write out some sentence
Who will start?
- Thanks, you make take your seats.
- And what kinds of punishment use
teachers of our school? Show and
tell us, please.
again and again, perhaps fifty or one
hundred times. For example, you can
write such a clever, wise sentence as “ I
must do my homework” or “ I must not
Detention – If you are in detention, you
stay after school to do extra work –
perhaps “lines” or clean the classroom.
Report - If you are “ on report”, you
have a card which you give to the teacher
at the end of every lesson. Each teacher
reports if you have behaved will or badly.
Suspension - If you are suspended, you
cannot come to school for a few or
weeks. Your parents have to see the Head
Teacher. This is serious.
Exclusion - If you are excluded, you are
sent away from your school. This is very
serious. You have to go to another school
where the teachers all know about your
/слайдовая презентация. /
1. Teachers of our school use some
kinds of punishment.
2. If you don’t do your homework
and get bad marks, you’ll stay after
school in addition.
3. If you late for a lesson or talk with
your classmate during the lesson,
you’ll write an explanation.
4. If you impolite to your teacher or
have behaved badly, your parents
have to visit school in order to see
the Head Teacher.
5. If you don’t wear your uniform,
according to school’s Charter’
you’ll have a remark.
6. If you use a telephone at the
lesson, it’s taken away, according
to decision the Meeting of parents.
Then it is handed your parents.
7. Theoretically you can be excluded,
if you violate school rules. But as
far as I know, this punishment
wasn’t used in our school.
8. I think that our school is more
humanistic than British one’s.
9. I agree with you, punishments
shouldn’t be very severe.
10. And discipline should be strict.
4) Динамическая пауза.
Комплексная релаксация. ( Quiet music)
Sit comfortably. Close your eyes. Breathe in. Breathe out. /Аудиозапись./
Let’s pretend it’s summer.
You are lying on a sandy beach.
The weather is fine.
The light wind is blowing from the sea, the birds are singing.
You have no troubles, no serious problems.
You are quiet. Your brain relaxes.
There is calm in your body.
Nothing diverts your attention. You are relaxing.
5) Cовершенствование навыков диалогической речи.
- It’s time to work in pairs. Discuss with
your partner and tell us what
punishment you get if …
- Divide into pairs and act out the
/Карточки с заданиями./
1) You do not wear your uniform
Teacher: Mary, can I speak to you?
Mary: Yes, certainly.
Teacher: Why don’t you have your
school uniform on?
Mary: I don’t like it. It is boring and out
of fashion. I don’t feel comfortable in it.
Teacher: Why? In my opinion your
uniform is very nice. You must put on
your uniform tomorrow. It is one of the
school rules. Don’t forget it or I will have
a talk with your parents.
2) You are late for the lesson
Jack: Excuse me, may I come in?
Teacher: Good morning, my dear. I am
glad to see you. What’s up? Why are you
late for the lessons?
Jack: I don’t like to get up early in the
Teacher: It doesn’t matter. Stay after
school and write down an explanation.
Jack: Certainly, but I think, it’s a waste
Teacher: Go to your seat, please.
3) You don’t do your homework.
Teacher: David, what’s happened? You
don’t do your homework today, do you?
David: Yes, I do, But I don’t understand the
home task. Will you explain it once more,
Teacher: With pleasure, but you have to stay
David: I’m afraid, I can’t. It’s time for sport
and hobbies. I want to play computer games.
Teacher: I agree with you, but “What is
done cannot be undone”. I am waiting for
you at 2p.m. Don’t be late, please.
David: All right.
4) You use your telephone at the lesson
Nick: Hi, Igor! Why are you so sad?
Igor: I’ve got troubles.
Nick: What’s the matter?
Igor: I really had problems with
Math’s test. I thought I would never do
it. I’ve used my telephone at the lesson
today. And our Math’s teacher has
taken it away.
Nick: Oh, it is very serious. But don’t
worry. Your parents have to see the
Head Teacher and to take away your
Igor: I know that, but I’ll be in trouble
with my parents then…
6) Презентация проекта “My perfect school”
- All pupils want to study in a
perfect school as well as Anton.
- He has prepared a project “My
- Anton, would you like to tell us
about your dream?
My perfect school.
1. My perfect school is like the
school I study in.
2. In our school teachers talk to us as
we are grown-ups, individuals.
3. We talk freely about our problems
4. The rules in our school are
democratic: neither strict nor free.
5. However some things could be
6. No school uniform and special
7. We want to be different and our
clothes can help us.
8. No boring and useless subjects.
9. No punishments!
7) Работа над проектом “School rules”
- Teachers want their students to be
ideal students, don’t they? Each
school has the Code of conduct.
Open your books on p.83 Ex.62.
Look through the Code of Conduct
which is used in British schools
and try to write down your school
Who will start?
/пишут на доске/
1. Do your best.
2. Be prepared.
3. Be on time.
4. Be polite.
5. Do not waste your time.
6. Think safety first.
7. Use toilets properly.
8. Keep valuables at home.
9. Smoking is prohibited.
8) Подведение итогов урока. Рефлексия.