5. Повторение употребления учащимися probably и definitely (5 мин)
Exercise 4. Rewrite the sentences using the
modal verbs in brackets.
Exercise 5. We can use probably and definitely to
say how sure we are about smth. Look at the
sentences. What do you notice about the position
of the adverb?
We’ll probably win the match tomorrow.
We probably won’t win the match tomorrow.
Ask students to do this exercise on their own and
then check their answer in pairs. Check the
answers with the class.
1. It could rain tomorrow.
2. I might start Spanish lesson.
3. My 16
birthday will be next month.
4. Mark may go to Spain next year.
5. He could become famous.
Ask the class about the position of the adverb.
In positive sentences the adverb immediately
follows the modal; in negative sentences it is
between the subject and the modal.
6. Проверка употребления учащимися модальных глаголов (5 мин)
Exercise 6. Put the words in the correct order to
make sentences. Sometimes more than one
answer is possible.
Exercise 7. How sure are you about these things?
Complete the sentences with your own ideas,
using these words.
may might could probably will/won’t
Ask the students to do this exercise on their own
and then compare their answers with the
partner’s. Check the answers with the class.
1. It will probably rain all day tomorrow.
2. This American film probably won’t win
3. My sister definitely won’t come to the
4. Brazil will definitely win another football
5. (Tonight) I will definitely finish my
6. We probably won’t fail our exams.
Ask the students to work on their own and then
compare their answers with a partner. Ask
students to read out a few of their sentences.
7. Заключительный этап (5 мин)
7.1. Подвести итоги урока;
Ok. And your marks for this lesson
7.2. Объяснить и записать домашнее задание;
And now it’s time to write down your homework.
So, your homework:
7.3. Поблагодарить учащихся за урок.
Thank you very much! See you!