1. Начало урока (3 мин)
1.1. Организационный момент
T: Hello, everybody! I’m glad to see you!
P: Hello, teacher!
T: Sit down, please. How are you?
P: We’re fine! Thank you!
T: What date is it today? Chechena, come to the blackboard an write down the date, please.
P: Today is the 12
T: Thank you! Ok. Let’s start our lesson.
1.2. Постановка цели
T: Today we will talk about free time. Please, open your books on page 94. Ok. Let’s start our
lesson. We’ll do ex.6-11 today.
2 Речевая зарядка (5 мин)
T: Exercise 6. Discuss these questions with a partner.
(Ask students to discuss the questions in pairs and then with another pair. Groups feed back ideas
to the class).
1. What kinds of sports events are popular in Russia?
2. Do you think sport can unite communities? How?
3. What kinds of problems can sports fans create?
4. Практика говорения (диалогической речи) (20 мин)
T: Exercise 7. In pairs, look at the pictures on page 95. What activities are the people doing?
(Students discuss the pictures in pairs and then feed back to the class).
Possible answers: The pictures show:
1. Rock climbers, preparing their ropes.
2. A group of men playing chess. You can see the board and the chessmen (pieces).
3. A young woman reading a book and eating an apple.
4. A group of women watching a film at the cinema. You can see popcorn.
5. A group of racing cars on a race track. There’s a big crowd in the background.
T: Exercise 8. Which activities do you like? Which activities would you like to do?
(Students discuss in pairs then feed back to the class. Which activity is the most popular? Which
activity would most people like to do?)
T: Exercise 9. Work with a partner. Interview each other to find out about free-time activities.
Make notes about your partner’s answers. Ask questions about these things: your partner’s
favourite free-time activity, the length of time spent on that activity each week, any other
activities he/she enjoys, any sport your partner does.