What categories of citizens are entitled to social payments and benefits?
Who can claim financial help and social benefits?
Do you have compassion for these categories of people?
Fill in thе blank squares with the words: безработные, сироты,бездомные, больные, инвалиды, нуждающиеся, уволенные по сокращению штатов, пенсионеры
Check up your work
Translate sentences into English
1.Our state cares for its citizens.
2. Pensioners are entitled to free passage.
3. Social workers provide the disabled, lonely, elderly people with free of charge assistance.
4. Our state tries to do its best to help the needy .
5. The sick can get medicines at a discount.
6. The incomes of some families are below poverty level.
7. Children from families with low incomes have to earn money on their own.
8. Women are entitled to retire when they are 55.
9. Medical insurance is compulsory in our country.
10. Health services are financed from the state budget.
11. Invalids of Great Patriotic War are entitled to 50% reduced payments for public utilities, housing, telephone.
12. Regular medical examinations are practiced at schools, plants and other organizations.
The amount of vulnerable segments of Russian population
The retired – 38,7 million
The unemployed – 4,6 million
The orphans – 700 thousand
The homeless – 4 million
The invalids – 13 million
Minimum of subsistence in the RF in2011
for the working people – 7023
For the retired – 5141
For children - 6294
Fill in the table
What problems have they got?
Solutions of the problems
Families with many children
Have low income; can`t pay for the
public utilities; suffer from different diseases, starvation; have financial problems; can`t be looked after at home; migrate to urban areas seeking work; don`t study but earn money on their own; become incapable of living independently
To organize general examinations; to collect clothes, food, money for the needy; to take part in charitable organizations; to organize charitable concerts, dinners; to build shelters for homeless; to take care of our grandparents; to provide the elderly with home help; to
support private charities
System of social welfare in Russia
Are you satisfied with your work? Please, express your opinion.
1.To my mind the theme of the lesson was very interesting. I have known a lot of important things for me.
2 I think that this theme was not interesting and useful. It was boring.