Take these portraits, glue and felt tip pens. In your envelopes there are blocks of cards.
You are to choose the variant that suits your idea best of all. My questions will help
• How old should your ideal RM be? (17-18, 18-19, 20-21, it doesn’t matter for
• What should his / her appearance be? (tall, short, slim, fat, smart, sporty, good-
looking, attractive, it doesn’t matter for me)
• What moral qualities should your ideal RM have? (shy, honest, calm, open,
• What characteristics (личные качества) are the most important from your
point of view? (active, accurate – точный), strict, confident, tolerant, sense of
humour, ability to speak English, ability to earn money, easygoing (с лёгким
хар-ром), ambitious, ability to cook, workaholic, chatterbox, ability to observe
the rules of co-existence).
• What should / shouldn’t the ideal RM do? Divide these statements into 2
(speak too loudly, play loud music, get along with you (ладить), occupy the toilet
or bathroom for a long time, be ready to sort out the problems (утрясать
проблемы), ask too many questions if someone wants to be left alone, support
you no matter if you are right or wrong, be ready to listen to you, keep his / her
promise, tell you lies, tell you the truth no matter if you like it or not, forgive you
for being rude or unfair, quarrel about silly unimportant things, envy
(завидовать) your success, fit in (приспосабливаться), avoid conflicts with you,
feel jealous (завидовать), observe the laws of co-existence).
Task 3. Let’s make the list of the rules for sharing rooms without quarrels.
Group 1 – from the 1
column, Group 2 – from the second column. Choose 3 the
most important and Stick them on the portraits.
Relaxation. Let’s relax for a minute! Stand up, please! Draw up in a line
• According to your height (рост);
• According to your names;
• According to the length of your hair;
• According to the height of your heel (высота каблука).
Thank you! I see you understand each other easily, you can work in one team.
Task 4. And now I’m sure you are ready to describe the ideal RM. Will you
demonstrate us your ideal RM? (каждая группа показывает портрет с