2. Two heads are better than one.
3. East or West home is best.
Quiz-master: Attention, please! The 5
contest is called “Hidden words”. This round is for the
captains. Find, please, the animals hiding in the following sentences!
Example: If I shout, he’ll hear me.(Fish)
1. Close the door at once! (Rat)
2. He’ll come to America tomorrow. (Cat)
1. Do good workers succeed? (Dog)
2. If Roger comes, we’ll begin. (Frog)
Quiz-master: The following task is for the rest. I need 1 pupil from each team. You should read the
tongue-twister as quickly as you can 3 times.
1. Put your head on your bed.
2. Run round the playground.
Quiz-master: The 7
contest is called “The right choice”. It’s very important to make the right
choice in our life: the right choice of a color, a hobby, a friend etc. Each team should answer my
questions. You’ll get the cards with the letters a, b, c. Choose the right answer and show us the card.
1. The capital of England is a) London b) Paris c) Moscow.
2. London stands on a) the Volga b) the Mississippi c) the Thames.
3. The symbol of England is a) a red rose b) a tulip c) a daffodil.
4. The English flag is a) blue and white b) red and green c) red and white.
5. Golf comes from a) Scotland b) Russia c) the USA.
6. A. Bell invented a) a car b) a telephone c) a plane.
7. Ch. Chaplin was a) an artist b) a composer c) an actor.
8. Cricket comes from a) England b) Italy c) France.
9. “Robinson Crusoe” was written by a) Lewis Carroll b) Daniel Defoe c) Alan Milne.
10. The traditional Christmas meal in England is a) roast turkey b) fish and chips c) porridge.
Each team can get 1 point for the right answer.
Quiz-master: One more contest. It’s called “ Inventions and discoveries”. You should answer my
questions. The team which answers the first and correctly wins. You can get 1 point for each right
1. Who invented the telephone? ( Al. Bell)
2. Who discovered America? ( Ch. Columbus)
3. Who invented the car? ( H. Ford)
4. Who created Donald Duck? ( W. Disney)
5. Who discovered Australia? ( J. Cook)
6. Who was the 1
man in space? ( Y. Gagarin)
7. Who created Harry Potter? (J. Rowling)
III. Заключительный этап. Подведение итогов игры.
Quiz-master: Friends, do you like music? Listen to the song “Do You Live in London?” now and
sing with British children. Our jury will add up the score of the game.
Jury: The score is … to … in smb’s favour. The team “…” is the winner.
(Победителям игры ставятся в журнал отличные оценки).