3. Исторические романы, приключенческие книги, детективы, научная фантастика, романы и стихи,
которые мы читаем ради удовольствия или по рекомендации учителей, создают особую
4. Книги - это величайшее чудо в мире. Они дают знания и воспитывают нас. Через времена и
расстояния мы можем соприкоснуться с величайшими умами человечества.
Choose the correct variant to finish the sentences.
1. It is quicker and easier to find the necessary information
• in the reference book.
• watching TV
• in the computer.
2. A computer can help you in reading books without turning the pages but working on the computer
• has a harmful impact on eyesight.
• demands certain effort.
• doesn't bring pleasure.
3. Screen versions of literary masterpieces add much to our understanding
• the author and arouse unforgettable emotions.
• the art of film production.
• the problems of film making industry.
5. Работа над словообразовательными суффиксами и приставками.
Internet: How It Affects Us.
One of the most (1) ___________ (value) functions of the Internet is its (2) ___________ (inform)
function. The Internet keeps people informed about current events, as well as about the (3) __________
(late) (4) _________ (achieve) in science and culture. You can even find out how to pass from the (5)
_________ (ground) station to the house of your girlfriend, who (6) _________ (recent) moved to London.
Recently a system of (7) ____________ (distant) learning became (8) _________ (popularize). You can
study foreign languages and even study in universities. An individual (9) _________ (educate) program
can be developed (10) ___________ (especial) for you. The Internet is also (11) ___________ (wide)
used in business. Thanks to the Internet, we have rapid (12) _________ (connect) with partners from all
corners of the world. You can even conduct (13) _________ (negotiate), hear and see your contacts, and
(14) ___________ (change) graphic and textual information.
6. Работа над устной речью
Teacher: As you can understand reading books is very important, interesting and useful. But the number
of young people who aren't reading is increasing. Even though they've got interesting books at home
suitable for their age group and school libraries full of possibilities.
Share your opinion on this topic. Do you spend too little time on reading books? Haven't you become
lazier? Why do children today read so little?
Teacher: I'd like you to read the poem by Roald Dahl "The Fascination Of Reading".
The most important thing we've learned,
So far as children are concerned,
Is never, NEVER, NEVER let
Them near your television set -
Or better still, just don't install
The idiotic thing at all.
IT ROTS THE SENSES IN THE HEAD!
IT KILLS IMAGINATION DEAD!