1. EDUCATIONAL: To consolidate and generalize knowledge of
students on the Unit “Geography”; to enrich students knowledge in all
spheres of country study; to widen their vocabulary through doing
different tasks; to help to analyze the differences between two
countries and their capitals.
2. DEVELOPMENTAL: To develop student’s skills in oral speech; to
and develop student’s writing, reading and speaking abilities through
giving several tasks; to improve their mental and critical thinking.
3. CULTURAL: To bring up patriots of their Motherland; to chance
their respect for people of different nationalities; to improve their
pride of their native, country; to bring up students to respect and love
TYPE: revision of the previous materials; combination lesson
METHOD: logical meaning model, game “Bingo”, “Who is the
faster?”, Bloom taxonomy, Venn diagram
VISUAL AIDS: a text, maps, flags, symbols, cards, different tasks on
the sheets, pictures of sightseeing of GB, words, booklets
INTERSUBJECT CONNECTION: Kazakh, Russian, Geography, History
THE PROCEDURE OF THE LESSON:
I. ORGANIZATION MOMENT:
- Good afternoon, dear children!
- How are you?
- Who is on duty today?
- Who is absent today?
- What is the date today?
- What day is it today?
- What was your home task?
- Thank you. Sit down.
3. Presentation of the aims of the lesson:
- Today we will revise all the materials based on the Unit
“Geography” and all the geographical theme based on
country study of studying language and other countries of
the world, their capitals, situation, national and state
symbols, local sights of GB
II. PHONETIC DRILL:
- Let’s begin our lesson with a phonetic drill. Listen to a poem
attentively, then you must repeat reading and translate it:
“The beauty of the world”
I used to see stars at night.
I used to see hear the birds.
I used to see feel the warmth of the sun.
I used to see smell the springtime flowers.