Презентация "London Sights" 7 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
- It is the central square of London and traditional place for people to meet.
- All sorts of protest meetings are held there.
- The statue of national hero Admiral Nelson stands there.
The Houses of Parliament
- It is a place where the British Government sits.
- It consists of three parts: the Royal Apartments, the House of Lords and the House of Commons.
- It’s a clock in the tower and it is a big bell.
- You can hear it every hour.
- People are allowed to get inside the Tower so that they can see the work of the clock.
- There is no lift and there are three hundred and forty steps (340).
- It weighs 13.5 tons.
- It is the oldest and famous bridge across the Thames.
- Originally it was made of wood by the Romans, but it was often burnt down.
- Later it was made of stone.
- Finally it was rebuilt and made of concrete.
The Tower of London
- It has a long history. In the past it was a fortress, a prison, a castle and a zoo.
- It was built to protect the city from the enemies. There are a lot of ravens at this place.
- There is a legend that without them the Tower will fall.
- Nowadays this building is a very popular museum.
- It’s the London home of the Queen.
- Buckingham Palace was built for John, first Duke of Buckingham, between 1702 and 1705.
- Changing the guards takes place there.
- The palace is open to public.
- It is the biggest shopping street in London.
- There are 548 shops in Oxford Street.
- Each Christmas the street is decorated with festive lights.
- In mid- to late November a celebrity turns on the lights and they remain on until 6 January
- It is the centre of time and space.
- The prime meridian of the Earth, which divides east from west passes there.
- It is a famous museum of wax figures.
- They have wax figures of all the famous people in the world.
The London Eye
- It’s the biggest observation wheel in the world.
- It is situated on the banks of the River Thames in Central London
- It’s height is 135 meters.
Thank for your attention!
- Thank for your attention!
Copyright © 2013-2017 "Учителя.com" | Обратная связь: email@example.com