Was the weather snowy?
What was the weather like?
II. Warming-up (5 minutes)
T: Guys, I want you to make out the proverb and explain it’s meaning. I will give 2 minutes.
Learn, live, and. (Live and learn)
1. Best, friend, old, and, wine. (Old friends and old wine are best)-Жаңа дос қасыңда
жүргенде, ескі дос есіңде жүрсін.
2. Power, is, knowledge.(Knowledge is power)-Күш білімде
3. Do, little, promise, but, much (Promise little, but do much)-Көп сөз көмір, аз сөз алтын
4. Before, pleasure, business. (Business before pleasure)-Іске уақыт ермекке сағат
5. Late, than, better, never. (Better late than never)-Ештен кеш жақсы
6. In, need, friend, a, friend, is, friend, indeed, a (A friend in need is a friend indeed)-Шын
дос қиыншылықта танылады.
7. West, home, is, East, best. (East or West home is best)-Өз үйің,өрен төсегің
8. Money, is, time (Time is money)-Уақыт-ақша
9. Never, you, what, know, can, you, do, try, you, till. (you never know what you can do till
you try)- Көз қорқақб қол батыр
10. Come, first, served, first ( First come, first served)- Ерте тұрған, елден озады
III. Checking-up home task (4 minutes)
T: What was your home task?
(ex 1, unit 2)
Is your home task interesting?
Task: Complete with the correct form of these phrasal verbs.
• Put on (x2)
• Make up
• Get on with (x2)
• Take up
1. Why don’t put on that nice new jacket you brought last week?
2. Doing homework take up so much of my time.
3. Instead of talking you should be get on with your work.
4. I can’t make up my mind about which dress to wear.
5. Did you know that they’re put on a show at the local theater?
6. I got on with my brother, but I argue all the time with my sister.
III. Presentation of new material (13 minutes)
T: Do you see table?
Guys, there are some verbs followed by –ing and infinitive in the English language.