1. It is the White House. The part where the President of the USA lives and
works is not open to the public. The White House is one of the most
beautiful places in the capital of USA. It consists of 133 rooms. You can
visit library, the Red Room, the Blue Room and the Green Room which has
some fantastic old furniture.
2. The Grand Canyon is one of the places which attract the tourists visiting
America. The canyon is one mile deep and 277 miles long. There are
different kinds of plants and animals on the opposite sides of the canyon.
The south side is a dry desert country. The north side has tall forests. The
canyon looks different at different times of the day and in different seasons
and the weather.
3. You can see the Statue of Liberty .It was built in New York Harbor in
1886. It was a gift to America from the people of France. About 12 million
immigrants passed through New York when they came to America. The first
thing they saw after their long trip was the Statue of Liberty, which is the
American symbol of freedom.
4. The Capitol is the tallest building in Washington, D.C., and the most
famous building in the USA, because it is the place where are the lows are
made, The Capitol is surrounded by a beautiful garden with many
trees and flowers. You can visit the Capitol from 9 a. m. to 3p.m. In the
Capitol you can learn a lot about the first settlements in New England.
Teacher: Now you will have 5 minutes to make up sentences .Put the words in
a logical order.
1. Have, what, you, seen, in the park?
2. Who, last, was, in Los Angels, year?
3. They, when, celebrate, will, Halloween?
4. Going, to Texas, why, he, is?
5. Whom, people, near, House, can, the , White, meet?
1. What is the deepest freshwater lake in Russia?
2. What seas wash Russia in the south?
3. What Russian mountain chains do you know?
4. How many regions in the Russian Federation do you know?
5. What is the longest river in Europe?
1. What is the lower House of the Federal Assembly?
2. Who was the first Russian President?
3. What is the official name of the Russian Parliament?
4. Who is the head of the Republic of the Russian Federation?
5. What is the highest law of the Russian Federation?