Презентация "A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens" 7 класс
Подписи к слайдам:
Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens
A Christmas Carol
by Charles Dickens
Charles Dickens (1812-1870)
- The Posthumous Papers of the Pickwick Club
- Oliver Twist
- Great Expectations
- The Old Curiosity Shop
- The Cricket on the Hearth
- David Copperfield
- Dombey and Son
- Charles Dickens (be) born on7.11.1812 in
- poor family in Portsmouth.
- 2. His father (be) imprisoned for debt in 1824.
- 3. Charles (start) to work to support his family.
- 4. He (work) at a shoe factory and in a law firm.
- 5.Then Charles (become) a court reporter and (start) to write short stories and novels.
- 6. He (die) on 9.06.1870.
- 1. Charles Dickens was born on 7.11.1812 in poor family in Portsmouth.
- 2. His father was imprisoned for debt in 1824.
- 3. Charles started to work to support his family.
- 4. He worked at a shoe factory and in a law firm.
- 5. Then Charles became a court reporter and started to write short stories and novels.
- 6. He died on 9.06.1870.
What is Christmas Carol?
- Special meal that people eat at Christmas.
- Christian song that people sing at Christmas.
- Special card that people send to friends and relatives at Christmas.
- Name four other Christmas words.
Which traits are positive?
- Negative traits
- Positive traits
Remember Scrooge from Disney’s cartoons.
Describe Scrooge Mc Duck’s personality.
- Scrooge Mc Duck liked money very much.
- He was He didn’t want to spend his
- time on his relatives. He wasn’t
- Scrooge was He was neither
- nor kind. His character was really
- Did Scrooge know the ghost?
- -Yes, he did.
- (“Do you know me?” said the ghost.
- -”No,” said Scrooge, “I don’t.” But he did.)
- 2. Who was the ghost?
- It was Jacob Marley.
- (“In life I was Jacob Marley.”)
- 3. Was it a friendly ghost?
- -Yes, it was.
- (“I can help you,” the ghost said.
- -”You were always a good friend to me,” said Scrooge.)
- 5. How did it leave the room?
- It left the room through the window.
- (It walked and the window opened at the same time. And it went out into the night.)
- 4. What did it want to do?
- -It wanted to tell Scrooge about three ghosts.
- (“Three ghosts will come,” said the ghost of Jacob Marley.)
- 1. The first ghost showed Scrooge…
- his past.
- (family, friends. Scrooge wanted to have them again).
- 2. The second ghost showed Scrooge…
- the present time.
- (poor people who had no money enjoying Christmas.
- Scrooge wanted to help them, to enjoy Christmas too)
- 3. The third ghost showed Scrooge…
- the future.
- (it was terrible)
- Is the end of the story happy or not?
- How does Scrooge behave?
- What does he think?
- How does he feel?
- Do people believe him?
- How do people deal with Scrooge?
- Is Scrooge greedy in the end of the story?
- How does his personality change?
- Why do you think Scrooge’s character improves?
Copyright © 2013-2017 "Учителя.com" | Обратная связь: firstname.lastname@example.org